According to the CDC, human cases of swine flu have been identified in the U.S. and internationally. The CDC’s investigation and response effort surrounding the outbreak of swine flu is ongoing.
Among the most useful information on the CDC website is a list of actions you can take to prevent illnesses like the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick: When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick, too.
- Stay home when you are sick: If possible, stay home from work, school and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose: Use a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Clean your hands: Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth: Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits: Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
For more information please visit Florida Healthcare Insurance