Short Term Health Insurance
Affordable Health Insurance To Help Fill In The Gap
Short Term Health Insurance
Short-term health insurance provides coverage for a limited period, now between 30 days and 36 months. Select insurance providers may offer short-term plans that offer coverage for up to a year. Rather than being a long-term insurance solution, short-term plans can offer protection in times when you need it most.
When exactly is short-term insurance a good idea? Healthy individuals might benefit from a short-term health plan that provides coverage at lower premiums if you are between plans. Or, if you’re unable to apply for the Affordable Care Act because the Open Enrollment deadline passed, a short-term plan could work for you.
Download Our FREE E-Book!
Introduction to Medicare
Your Medicare Analysis from Evan & Michelle Tunis
An important note about Short-term plans are that they are temporary coverage, with limited benefits and because they are not ACA-compliant, they don’t cover pre-existing conditions and are not guaranteed-issue.
Short-term plans may be an ideal solution for you if you have a:
- Change in Employment
- If you’ve been laid off, lost your job, you are able to get coverage while in between jobs and employee benefits.
- ACA Marketplace
- If you have coverage through the Marketplace, you may be able to fill in the gap of our medical coverage with a short-term insurance plan.
- Special Activities
- If you need to show proof of insurance, a short-term plan may be a quick and affordable solution for you.
- Coverage Before Medicare
- If you are waiting for your Medicare coverage to begin and have a gap of benefits that leaves you uncovered, a short term plan can offer a great amount of protection for a limited amount of time.
In addition, they offer:
- Affordable Rates
- Compared to other health insurance plans, short-term insurance can have low, affordable premiums.
- PPO Plans
- Unlike the Marketplace, Short-term plans are usually PPO, which opens up your coverage span, especially if you are a travel nurse or a truck driver. You can rest easy knowing your insurance would be covered in even more locations than with an ACA plan.
- Fast Coverage Approval
- Applicants are generally approved quickly and can receive proof of insurance fast, sometimes on the spot.
- Flexible Terms
- Individuals may choose Short-term plan coverage for any period from 30 days all the way up to 36 months.
- Peace of Mind
- Knowing that you and your family are covered during a gap or intermediate time with a short-term plan offers you a peace of mind.
If you think a Short-term insurance plan may be the right solution for you and/or your family, give us a call today! We are happy to speak with you about your health insurance needs and guarantee you the best coverage at the most affordable rates! Schedule a call now!
Get a FREE Insurance Quote!
Florida Health Insurance Client Testimonials
Read More Client Testimonials on Our Google My Business Page