Missed Open Enrollment? It’s okay, you still have options and we can help!
Yes, the Open Enrollment for the ACA Marketplace closed January 15th, but we know how life is and as luck would have it, here you are without an insurance plan and the deadline to sign up has just passed. What are you going to do?
First things first, don’t panic. We can provide options to you. A qualifying event at any time of the year will allow you to enroll. An applicant who experiences a qualifying event becomes eligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) and will be able to shop for plans on or off the exchange — and often with premium subsidies available!
What qualifies as a special enrollment?
- An involuntary loss of coverage
- Individual plan renewing outside of the regular open enrollment
- Becoming a Dependent / Gaining a dependent
- Becoming a United States citizen or lawfully present resident
- A permanent move
- An error or problem with enrollment
- Employer-sponsored plan becomes unaffordable or stops providing minimum value
- An income increase that moves you out of the coverage gap
- Gaining access to a GSEHRA or Individual Coverage HRA
- An income or circumstance change that makes you newly eligible (or ineligible) for subsidies or CSR
In addition to a qualifying event, you also have the option of purchasing a Short-Term Health Plan. Short-term health insurance can serve as good coverage if your other alternative is to remain uninsured. These plans can also have terms of up to 364 days!
It’s a lot of information to take in, so let our family help yours! We’ve been helping individuals and families find insurance for over 20 years — call us today!